Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kenny Britt

I may be slightly biased because I live in Jersey and am a Rutgers fan but I think that Kenny Britt is the complete package at WR. He has the size (6'4", 215) to be a dominating force as the wideout or in the slot. I have been lucky enough to see almost every game Kenny Britt has wore the scarlet red in and I have seen him excel at every aspect of the game. He can run and catch over the middle because he can outrun the linebackers who cant stay with him and he can also gain body position on the smaller cornerbacks. Due to his large size he is even bigger than the safeties so he can also run mid to deep cutting routes into the middle of the field because he can get in front of the defender and give the quarterback a big target. He does a very good job extending his hands and not letting the ball get into his pads. Most of the guys his size have decent speed but they can not burn corners on deep routes or on quick-developing crossing routes. But Britt has very good speed in the 4.4-4.5 range, and he can turn on the burners with the ball to blow past corners and beat them on races to the house. I cant wait to see him assimilate himself into the NFL because I feel that he can develop into a great receiver. I think he is a young T.O without all the drama and the big mouth. He has the same size and speed that Owens possesses and when T.O shut up and play like in the 2004 season with the Eagles in which they went to the Super Bowl he had the greatest season in Eagles WR history. I see Britt as a pick in the last third of the first round. Or if he begins to slip to late first-very early second some of the teams with high picks might make a bid to acquire his services. Wherever he ends up he will be able to make a great contribution, this I'm sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment